Post from Andrea ~ Lisa is doing fine

7 Aug

I just saw her at the hospital; she was awake and talking, drinking water and pushing her meds button, she is as well as can be expected 🙂

She’ll be out of commission for a few days, but thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers (keep ’em coming) – she will be in touch with everyone as soon as she can.

5 Responses to “Post from Andrea ~ Lisa is doing fine”

  1. Sandy August 7, 2009 at 8:53 PM #

    Thanks, Andrea, for the update.

    Lisa – get well soon! Love you.


  2. Marv August 7, 2009 at 9:40 PM #

    That’s great. Tell her that Molly is fine; she is eating well, but she misses her “mom”.

  3. David August 8, 2009 at 12:06 AM #


    Thank you so much for the update. I am so glad that all went well.

    Lisa, you’re awesome!


  4. Marv August 12, 2009 at 12:08 AM #

    Since there has not been another blog entry, I am using this one to add my comment. Of course everyone is concerned about Lisa and how she is doing, but I know that Lisa is concerned about Molly. I thought I would update her and everyone who knows how important Molly is to her. Actually, Molly wanted to write this herself, but lacking opposable thumbs (any fingers for that matter), she found it hard to hit just one key at a time. So she asked me to do the honors.

    Basically, Molly is doing OK. She is eating well, and doing the other things that she does when she goes for a walk quite regularly. Lisa, I don’t know how long you expected those 30 “Pooper Bags” to last, but I ran out (or rather, Molly did) before a week was over. But not to worry, I bought 120 more, so that should last a few more weeks.

    Molly and I have agreed on a schedule, and so our day is basically planned before we wake up at 7:00 in the morning, which is only at least 3 hours earlier than I used to wake up BM (before Molly? or whatever else you want it to mean).

    Molly had a very exciting weekend. On Saturday, I tried to take her to the Harbour Lights annual Hawaiian Luau (is there any other kind?), but Dutchess, a cute little brown and white spaniel showed up and Molly went berserk, so she had to go upstairs and stay by herself while I got a free dinner. Sunday was better, though. She went to a concert in the park. Although there were many dogs there, she was relatively good until a little Chihuahua named Carmelita sat next to us. Molly had to go back to the car; Carmelita’s mom felt very bad and moved a little bit in hopes that Molly could come back out. Well, eventually, Molly did come back and was very good for the hour and a half concert. She sat and listened (slept?) very intently to the whole concert. Our general manager Linda, who is only a little less crazy than I am, actually introduced Molly and Carmelita to the audience in her welcoming remarks.

    On Monday, Molly accompanied me to two banks and then to my band practice in Laguna Beach. While we practiced, Molly went upstairs and spent time with Earnest, an 86 year old man who, when he speaks, only speaks Hungarian, except that his lady friend, who owns the house, says he only speaks gibberish, and with Earnest’s care taker, Leon. Molly was very good during the three hour practice, and actually went on a “pee” walk with Leon. On the way home at 10:30 pm, Molly decided to sit in the front seat of the car and slept the whole way.

    On Tuesday, Molly became a law breaker. She accompanied me to the Huntington Beach Civic Center to help me deliver some papers to the Community Services Department. Although the door very explicitly said “NO PETS ALLOWED”, Molly very blatantly ignored the sign as if it weren’t there and helped me deliver the papers. No one said anything. I was prepared to tell them that Molly wasn’t a pet, she was a person.

    Tuesday afternoon Molly went with me to the podiatrist (mine, not hers). I left her in the waiting room while I went in to see the doc, but she started to bark when she thought it was taking too long. Tuesday night Molly went with me to a clarinet jam fest at friend Vince’s house with 7 other clarinet players. She was good until the last half hour when she started to bark. Some thought she was acting the critic. I realized when we got home, that all she wanted was a drink of water. We (read that “I”) forgot to put some water out for her. I guess I still have a few things to learn.

    Lisa, you know that you are in everyone’s prayers. My friend Sue back in New Jersey just sent me an email, and the only thing she asked was how you were doing. Even Molly gets down on her knees (?) to say a prayer; I think it is just a coincidence that I happen to have a treat in my hands. Molly sends her love. She is eager to come home, but says she is willing to stay as long as necessary until you are strong enough to take care of her.

  5. cancerfree2b August 14, 2009 at 8:57 PM #

    dear Marv and Sandy, even though I DO have apposoble thumbs. I can not really type at the moment, too much pain. Marv, your upsdate is hilarious,I thoroughly enjoyedit as I am sure has everyone else who has read it.
    thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking such great care of my little beast of burden . . . i hope she hasn’t been too much of a burden.
    much love,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: